Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Undocumented Immigration

Mitt Romney: How many times can I make sure I get your name right?

Ok, great. "We welcome legal immigrants into this country." "Amnesty" "Employment verification" "The kids of those who came here illegally, I think should have a pathway to legal status." 

Barack Obama: Let me squander the awkwardness gap that Mitt Romney built up.

People want to come to the United States. We're a nation of immigrants, and also a nation of laws. First thing we did was to streamline legal immigration. We made it easier, simpler, and cheaper for people to come here. 

Barack Obama is explaining the Romney record better than Romney did. Linked him to the Arizona law. Explained self-deportation. Explained Republican intransigence.

Candy Crowley: "Let's speak to the idea of self-deportation"

Mitt Romney: "No." Let me PIC out of the Arizona law. Mitt Romney explains that he isn't a leader in the Republican party, reminds everyone he lost to John McCain. Ok, now I'll talk about self-deportation. "I'm not in favor of rounding up people and taking them out of the country."

President Obama using all the skills of a litigator in getting Romney's last word to be "Chinese investments."

No comments:

Post a Comment